revisiting restaurants

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
Kathy H
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

revisiting restaurants

Post by Kathy H »

We have just revisited Carvoeiro after 6 years and wanted to revisit restaurants we enjoyed previously. Still remaining our favourite is Restaurante Poco Partido next to Colina village (taxi from centre 4 euros). The setting is lovely and peaceful, a fountain in the courtyard and spacious inside. The food is very good (20-25 euros per person incl wine) and service very efficient (especially the very charming Renee). Was surprised that no one else had mentioned it on your website.

Also loved the cakes at Cafe Fino, next to Hotel Mirachoro and had the best and biggest cup of tea in the English pub (Jokers I think) half way down the hill.

Carvoeiro is still a charming resort even though it has increased in size considerably since we last visited.
disappointed

poco partido

Post by disappointed »

We have visited this restaurant any times and have happy memmories, so this was our choice for a meal to celebrate a big birthday.
Food indifferent, service appalling - waiters very polite and very apologetic that we waited almot an hour for a starter and another half hour for a main course.
Sadly will not try again - has it changed hands?
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

poco partido

Post by bruce »

we also have just returned from our third visit to carvoeiro and we had an excellent meal at Poco Partido, the service, atmosphere everthing lovely.
Also had an excellent meal at Marhina Restaurant near to Benagil. It is under Dutch management and the food was wonderful.

Post by Guest »

Hi Bruce, interesting about Mahrina, we stopped going there when the euro came in and the wine prices went through the roof. Someone did tell me last June that he's put them down again, did you feel they were expensive. Be interested to know as we go out next Thursday. Agree with everything you said about the food though. Mike

Post by Guest »

Hi Bruce, interesting about Mahrina, we stopped going there when the euro came in and the wine prices went through the roof. Someone did tell me last June that he's put them down again, did you feel they were expensive. Be interested to know as we go out next Thursday. Agree with everything you said about the food though. Mike
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

restaurants

Post by bruce »

We thought the prices were pretty average for the quality of food and service, 2 courses plus bottle of wine and 2 irish coffees for 2 cost us around 50 euros. It was only taken over by this Dutch couple last year or so we were told. The lamb I had was to die for and my husband's tomato soup was excellent. Have a good time!
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by julia »

:D If you are talking about the Brasserie de Marinha, we 'discovered' whilst out there a week or so ago and it was sensational. The mousse appetiser was heaven and my son is now wanting carpaccio at home. I have to say that it wasn't cheap, but thoroughly worth it, we will definitely go back next visit. bon appetit , julia
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

revisting restaurants

Post by bruce »

Yes Julia that's the one and I agree about the price, although we had a couple of meals in the centre of carvo and they were more expensive and some of the menus are not as varied as this one. Yes we will certainaly go back there.