Tarta de Natas

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Tarta de Natas

Post by tricky »

I think thats how you spell it.
Its that nice creamy desert, bit like a cross between a mouse and a cheesecake. Does anyone know how to make it, or where they sell the best one in Carvoeiro.

Thanks
Tricky
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: My daughters have done a 'survey' into the best ones in the area, and according to them the cake counter at the Intermarche are just about the best ones.

The recipe I have uses pastry made with 250g plain flour 210g butter, and a little water, filling 8fl oz fresh cream, 4 egg yolks, 15g plain flour, 100g castor sugar, finely grated rind of one lemon and icing sugar to dust.

the pastry is made like flakey pastry, make a dough with flour and water(lukewarm) useing a hand mixer, then roll out to a square 1 cm thick and spread one third of the butter over, fold in three and knead and shape into a square again and continue to use up the butter. chill for 15 mins.

for filling mix all ingredients in pan heat over low heat and bring to the boil, gently mixing all the time, as soon as it boils remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm before pouring into the pastry lined patty tins. bake in oven 220C until brown on top, allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.
Thunderbolt
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Thunderbolt »

Receipe I got from our cook here at work

1 small packets of cream
1 small can of condensed milk
1 packet of gelatine leaves
1 packet of biscuits

First beat the cream well. Open the can of condensed milk and pour half into a container and the other half in a bain marie. Place the gelatine leaves in a container with water to soften then lift teh softened gelatine outo f the water and add to the condensed milk in the bain marie. Stir the milk until the gelatine has completely dissolved. Then mix in the other half of the condensed milk and stir well and finally add the cream.

Crush the biscuits into a fine poweder and sprinkle a thin layer on the bottom of a cake tin and gently pour in the cream mixture and add another layer of biscuits on the top and place in the fridge to set.

When the cake is set, take out of the fridge and place a plate over the top and carefully turn the whole thing over and hey presto! A lovely Tarte de Natas.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi Thanks for those girls.

I must admit Lesley Jean, I've never had at Tarte de Natas with a pastry base before just biscuits as in Tblts receipe. Would like to give it a try.
Now I've got the receipe I will be even more chubby when we next come out in June :lol:

Tricky