Dongos Restaurant

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
Luke

Dongos Restaurant

Post by Luke »

Can anyone tell me if Dongos restaurant is still in Business? They did great food especially the BBQ outside! It was positioned just up from Le Bistroque on the left had side as you go up the hill in Carvoeiro.
luluashtaylor
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by luluashtaylor »

If I'm not mistaken they are no longer around. If I'm wrong soooo sorry. :D
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Dongos

Post by biffa »

It is now the Casa do Bife and run by Carlos "Dongos" daughter and her husband. Had mixed reviews on the web page but I reckon it is good for steak. They do a good stone steak and a special priced steak for kids.

Post by Guest »

Carlos and Mizé are in Angola
gillthegrill

where is dongoes

Post by gillthegrill »

[dongoe died from a drug overdose :(
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Dongo

Post by biffa »

Drug overdose??! Are you sure? "Dongo" was Carlos Arnaldo - a less likely druggie you would never meet. Who told you this?
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

As I said Arnaldo, Mizé and their youngest daughter are in Angola. Yolanda is in the resturante along with her hubby and brother Zé Carlos
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Dongo

Post by biffa »

Yes, that drug thing must be nonsense. I recall Mizé had a baby very late in life. Nice people.

Post by Guest »

"dongo" is definately dead although there were very interesting stories flying around at the time about how it happened. He certainly looked like he had a severe problem with drink and/or drugs but judging from the state the kitchen was always in (and yes I went in there many a time) he probably died of food poisoning from his own food! In the latter days of the restaurant being open it went very downhill.

Post by Guest »

I think the dongo drug user must be Zé Dias who worked on the grill years ago. He was no relation to the owners, and yes he is dead. He died a few years ago now after going into rehab then meeting up with some "friends" in Carvoeiro! Happy hols, Pinkiebluesky