Lunchtime Venue with Vistors

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food

Lunchtime Venue with Vistors

Post by Guest »

I live in the Algarve (but not not near Carvoeiro) and I bring several visitors at a time there to visit property. For many of them it is their first time in Portugal let alone the Algarve. Can anyone suggest a nice 'typical' venue with good simple food that I could take them to?. Somewhere we can also chat without fighting against multiple TV sets and 200 guys from the local building site.

Preferably without it costing a fortune. I have twice now been to the fish restaurants on the front and whilst they are nice, they are a bit hurtful in terms of prices! Any ideas appreciated
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

A Marisqueira, up restaurant hill next to the Mirachoro hotel oposite the Vila Mercdi (or what ever it's called :lol: ). Good food, good, service and reasonable prices. Isn't that so Biffa?

Post by Guest »

O Cantino, open lunchtimes and not packed and not expensive. Up the hill on the right hand side. Sit outside as well. Mike

Post by Guest »

Depends how far you want to go and image you want to present. Dockside at Portimao Marina would be ideal. Great views. Doesn't get crowded lunchtimes and the lunchtime menu is mixed so if you want to go up market you can but equally if you want a sandwich and a beer you can.

I would say it's ideal for a business meeting if you are prepared to go that far. Benefit is that it also allows prospective buyers to see what lies up the road from CVO. Downside is having to negotiate Portimao one way system.
Scarpetta
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Scarpetta »

I agree with one of the Guests - O'Cantinho - good food at decent prices and the staff are always friendly - they also take cards! :)
malrc
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by malrc »

What about one of the four restaurants/bars on the beach at Praia Grande at Ferragudo where there are no builders and a superb view instead of a TV.
  • Restaurant Praia Grande on the steps as you go down to the beach has a full menu and both inside and outside dining

The Yacht Club round the corner to the right has a more limited menu

The Nau Bar along to the left has a typical menu and both inside and outside tables

And further along is the Kalu Bar with salads and snacks on an open air terrace - very relaxed and popular with home owners
None of them will cost you a fortune!