recommedations

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
melegan

recommedations

Post by melegan »

Can anyone recommend some good places to eat in Carvoeiro? I am going on a 2 week holiday in June and would like to know where I must eat and where I must avoid!

Thank you
:)
luluashtaylor
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by luluashtaylor »

Your best bet is just to go and try out different places. I've been to restaurents that I will NEVER go back to, but other people love. And the other way around. It's just a trail and error game.
Good luck and enjoy :D
sue.woolhouse@cwgc.org

Post by sue.woolhouse@cwgc.org »

Just come back from a week in Carvoeiro (4th year) amd would definitely recommend Happy's - excellent fish and chips and fish/meat skewers - you will need to book tho. Also Gales, and Casa Algarvia.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

sue.woolhouse@cwgc.org wrote:- excellent fish and chips . .
Fish and chips :?:

I can them at home :roll:

Get yourself some proper Portuguese grub :lol:
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Recommendations

Post by biffa »

This is a very subjective topic. Depends on what you want and price of course. It also depends on where one considers Carvoeiro ends and the rest of the world begins as there are some good places on the outskirts.

Higher prices - I would say Primavera is good, or Bon Bon at Sesmarias
Chrissys out of town in Lagoa
Cheap cheap - "the Ritz" just nestled in the back of Quinta do Paraiso
Good value - Lanterna Velha, O Cantinho
Italian - Via Italia or Mona Lisa. Gambrinus reckons Bella Pasta at centianes is good but not been there yet.

Come on folks let start the usual arguments!!
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

One of my favourites is "A bordo com Carlos" in Vila Linda Mar between Benagil & Marinha! Quite unique and very reasonable prices. You need a car though.
Peter Belinfante

Post by Peter Belinfante »

Try "Restaurante Maxime" [between Happy's (perfect place) and the Carvoeiro Bar (also a perfect place)]. It is not the cheapest restaurant, but the food is very good! and the people who run it are friendly, nice and helpfull.

Peter

Post by Guest »

"Fish and chips

I can them at home

Get yourself some proper Portuguese grub"

Not like the ones you get at Happys you cant!!
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

Out-of-towners:

Portimão - Dockside marisqueira in the Marinha de Portimão
Lagos - Artistas just down the road from the new Lagos cinema
Guia (the capital of chicken piri-piri) - Ramirez (south of the EN125) or O Ribeirinho (opposite Zoomarine)
A.de Pera - O Serol (beachfront)
Silves - Rui (Marisqueira) centre of town - just ask anybody for directions
Loulé - Paixanito on the road to Querença (Tapas speciality - pricey but goooood)
Jennie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jennie »

We have just come back from our first visit to Carvoeiro 8) and being 8 of us (4 adults and 4 kids) with a huge range of food tastes, we found the Catz Pyjamas a good place for all of us, with a good menu and very family friendly :D .

We also visited Via Italia.....twice.........the first time round we all had an excellent meal........but on a return visit later in our stay........the staff were stressed, the meal long awaited for and the owner dam right rude!!!!!! :evil:........which was a shame :(

Jennie

Post by Guest »

Anybody been to "O Salmao" in Monte Carvoeiro?

Went to Praia da Rocha 5 yrs ago and apparently the people who run it used to have The Haven in Portimao and have now moved to Monte Carvoeiro to open O Salmao. I just hope it's the same people! The food and service were superb and the waitress/owner of the place (Portugese) had a Glaswegian accent. I'd love to go back and if the info I received from Freemaps.com is correct, then I could highly recommend it.

Will let you know after I've been, which won't be long now. :lol: :lol:

Michaela
lesleys
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by lesleys »

Just back from two weeks in Carvoeiro. Ate at O Salmao twice while I was there. Food is excellent and it sounds like it is owned by the people you are looking for. There is also a lovely new restaurant opened in Monte Carvoeiro called Peppers. Food is very good but a little bit more expensive than some places in town. Also worth a visit is the Cocktail Garden in Monte Carvoeiro. Luis makes fabulous fresh fruit daiquiris! I wish I was still there ...

Post by Guest »

Terrible food,that cant be fresh!?
Anonymous wrote:Anybody been to "O Salmao" in Monte Carvoeiro?

Went to Praia da Rocha 5 yrs ago and apparently the people who run it used to have The Haven in Portimao and have now moved to Monte Carvoeiro to open O Salmao. I just hope it's the same people! The food and service were superb and the waitress/owner of the place (Portugese) had a Glaswegian accent. I'd love to go back and if the info I received from Freemaps.com is correct, then I could highly recommend it.

Michaela
:oops:
Jackie

O Salmao

Post by Jackie »

You are correct, it is the same people and the food is excellent. Ate there 3 times during our holiday and not a bad meal eaten. Sweets are scrumptious too!

Jackie
Anonymous wrote:Anybody been to "O Salmao" in Monte Carvoeiro?

Michaela
:D
Guest4

Post by Guest4 »

Keep seeing O Cantinho advertised as being good value. Where is it exactly? :D