O Boteco Restaurant

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
jamie

O Boteco Restaurant

Post by jamie »

Beware! Having had two good meals in the last two weeks ( chateaubriand and sole a meunier) it was with high expectations that my wife and I returned on Sat 17th May 03. We were served one of the worst meals we have ever had in Carvoeiro. Fillet steak, sour meat disguised with garlic and sea bass (fish of the day) with texture and taste of having spent the last 6 months at the bottom of a deep freeze. We will not return in a hurry.
maddi
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maddi »

I find it really hard to consitantly and fairly judge restaurants, in the most part, most of them serve good quality food, correctly cooked within and nice ambiance - they have to else they would not survive.

A number of really good experiences at a particular venue only heightens the awfulness of a bad one - possibly linked to our expectations and human nature around reliability.

I have met people who have had bad meals at A' Gale and Chef Antonio's for example and would never dream of going back, but I have to say it is almost like it has "to happen to you" because in my experience when they are good, they are very, very good and when they are bad they are horrid!

I am sorry that you had to have a bad experience, I pray it wasn't your last night in resort (what my family call our "gala dinner") :cry: