California Pizza

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

California Pizza

Post by barpaul »

We had a particularly poor meal at the California last week, the pizza was tasteless and the pasta stodgy, yuk. They also tried to overcharge us when the bill came, detailing extra drinks and food we never had. Maybe we just were unlucky but we wouldnt go back there again despite its aparent polularity.
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

best pizzas in town at O Forno Do Fraser just up from the post office
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by barpaul »

Now you tell us!!

Post by Guest »

:D Best pizza is definatly Catz Pyjamas up the hill going to cenntiens beach. :lol:
Guesstt

Post by Guesstt »

We too were very disappointed with the pizzas when we went to California Pizza earlier this year. The service was also very poor - in fact the waiter was down right miserable, so unlike all the other restaurants we went to.

I really enjoyed the pizzas in the Via Italia restaurant on the lane uphill overlooking Estrado do Farol - excellent :P
Gambrinus

Pizza

Post by Gambrinus »

My vote for best Pizzaria:

Mama Mia Pizzaria in Monte Carvoeiro and/or Bella Napoli at the back of Rocha Brava.

Mama Mia specializes on thin, crispy pizzas with a good mix of spices (have to get that base recepie off him one of these days).
Bella Napoli is my choice for a thicker base with a ton of topping. The sangria is most refreshing there too.

A good evening program, especially for Rocha Brava residents - after an afternoon at the pool, stroll to the back of Rocha Brava, take a seat outside Bella Napoli and start watching the world go by whilst the smell of the pizza oven slowly puts your stomach in the mood for food. Order that refreshing sangria, that goes down so well after a day in the sun and enjoy a tasty pizza.
Afterwards make your way to Zombies, two doors down from the pizzaria, take the seat outside again and try any one of those cocktails that they have to offer. (The man is a professional and I have searched high and low for a comparable barman - there is no one). Your evening will end with melodic names like Piña Colada, Long Island Ice Tea and Mai Tai ringing in your ears and you´ll remember that life is short, and you will grab all the gusto you can get.

8)

Post by Guest »

Gambrinus, that was fantastic, had me drooling, and will be attending the said establishments in June when we next come out. Thanks again and very well written.