Childs birthday party, restaurant recommendations

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
peted

Childs birthday party, restaurant recommendations

Post by peted »

Could somebody please give me a recommendation for a childs birthday party? we would like a friendly restaurant where we can have a small 'party' just a few people a couple of kids. The ability to get hold of a cake would be great to save us brining one over.

I hope somebody can help as I would like to make it a special day.

Thank you for any help
Graham
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Graham »

We may be able to help more if you give us the age of the child and food likes/dislikes etc

Graham
peted

Post by peted »

sorry,
He will be ten, will eat most things but unfortuanlty proper fish (as in boned) would be a problem (still wokring on that! :) ), mild curries, some chinese. just a typical kid not to fussy as long as it tasts and looks ok. pasta would probably be the best bet. but the normal kiddies favorites like sausages and chips would probably be his choice ( I, and the other adults, would prefer something more 'portuguese' so a place that could cater for both would be ideal.

thanks for any suggestions
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

O Cantinho sorted out a cake for my 8 year old on Easter Sunday and it was brilliant, they made a fuss of her and my youngest had fish in a light batter (fish fingers according to her!) and loved it!

From memory (v. fuzzy) it was about 10 euros (the cake not the fish) and they even managed to put an "8" on a candle with sparklers and other such stuff.

Full marks to Paulo :D :D :D
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Tel 00351 285 358234 from the U.K.

Post by Guest »

Paulos a star, was thinking of saying Cantino earlier but wasn't sure about the birhthday bit with the kids. Go for it. Mike
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

Most restaurante will sort a cake out for you if you give them enough notice, usually a day. I think the Cantinho is a good option and I am sure if you wanted something not on the menu they would be more than helpful
peted

Post by peted »

thank you all for your help, i will contact them (O Cantinho)as soon as i arrive and arrange it.

once again thank you for your help.

Pete