Chicken George

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
M
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Chicken George

Post by M »

can anyone remember chicken george, i was there 4 or 5 yrs ago, can't find it anymore!!! George was the owner, together with 2 women who served
kteee

Post by kteee »

He's still there!
karen
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by karen »

I was last there 3 years ago. I tried to find it last year but got a bit lost and gave up. The roads around the back have been updated and it totally threw me. Would love to go again, the food is good and the hospitality is even better !!
labrador

chicken george

Post by labrador »

Went to Chicken George last August, we went along the back road to Benagil, it's down a track on the left hand side, close to the back entrance to Vale do Milho if I remember rightly.
M
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by M »

great ! can't wait to get back there ! maybe it's an idea to plan a "forumvisitors night out" , starting at george's ?
BobT
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by BobT »

Beware of the Fire Water that George will encourage you to try. It's great for fire breathing street artists, and stripping layers of shellac of your old french dresser, but not to be taken internally.

And..........what is it they say about men whose eyes are too close together?
Baggy W

Chicken George

Post by Baggy W »

I have a 1/4 share on Rocha Brava. From Rocha Brava complex go out of the front and straight over. After 1/4 mile this will bring you to a "T"junction which is the m 1273. If you turn right you go to Benigil if you turn left you go to Lagoa. Go straight over at this junction down a unmade dirt road. Chicken George as 100 yards on the right. Terrific but basic. Very good value.
Chicketa

Chicken George

Post by Chicketa »

Long live Chicken George!
We have been going to Georges for the last 10 years,he always makes you feel welcome,cooks good chicken at reasonably good prices. He also does take aways, as long as you take your own plate!
John Braund

Chicken George

Post by John Braund »

Read what all had said. Directions out of RB almost straight ahead 350m juntion straight ahead new road(tarmac)150m on right. Chicken, chips, bread, salad,bottle of wine 10 Euros very rustic great night. Good local food.
bestial!

goerge

Post by bestial! »

i liked the food but i found it a bit strange that the toiet roll holder in the toilet was a rolling pin ! and the bin was a plant pot !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mag
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Mag »

Tried this a couple of weeks ago when we were staying in Marinha. Amazing place - VERY basic, Menu comprises prawns starter, barbecued chicken, chips - and that's it. Literally. There were a few places similar to this when we first started going to the Algarve 25 years ago, but this seems to be the sole survivor. George took us into the kitchen to choose what we wanted. I'm not sure if he saw the irony or not. The choice is plain chicken, or plain chicken, or plain chicken..........
brodie

Great Night

Post by brodie »

I use to go there with my parents all the time about 20 years ago.
I returned in September and there were still pictures of friends on the wall.

Great place and hospitality is second to none but If have'nt been before be warned. What the hell am I doing here will come to mind ?? and Chicken George can be a bit scary to the Kids

My gilfriend and I had ' Chicken Chips, bottle of wine and 2 beers and it came to a mear £20.

She has never been before and had a great night.

I have been to Carvoeiro around 20 times and on every visit we allways go. Never have I been disapointd.

Take a picture with you to put on the 'hall of fame' wall. Then tell your friends to have a look for it when there in Carvoeiro..

REMEMBER: Do not look out the window until after you have eaten your Meal,

Note: Sadly georges brother he had died resently.

Hope this helps. Chris Brodie
carole1
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Great Night

Post by carole1 »

brodie wrote: REMEMBER: Do not look out the window until after you have eaten your Meal,
???? Chickens ???