Italian Restaurant

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
bristolboy
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Italian Restaurant

Post by bristolboy »

Could anyone please advise on the best Italian Restaurant in the area to celebrate a special occasion.The children would be happy with traditional Pizza, whilst the adults tastes are a little more adventorous.
kteee

Post by kteee »

For a special occasion it would probably be Roma on the Benagil road, or there is Via Italia just off estrada do farol in Carvoeiro

Hope you enjoy it
Peter Belinfante

Post by Peter Belinfante »

Try "O forno do Fraser", just on the rightside in front of the postoffice.
It is a small, but nice restaurant. Good food and fair prices. The owners are very friendly people.
http://clientes.netvisao.pt/frafranc/
e-llen
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Italian Restaurants

Post by e-llen »

Yes Frasers is very good, but look on the messages re. Fraser's accident. He is still recovering and Lynn is working on her own for the time being,
with a restricted menu, but meals still up to their usual standard.
pammie

Post by pammie »

The kids recommendation would be Via Italia. Great pizza etc and they enjoyed sitting out on balcony area so they could watch all the coming and goings of everyone :P

Ellie - if you are reading this then its a great discreet viewing place (no shades required) whilst enjoying a delicious bottle or half bottle of wine, served by an even more delicious waiter :P :lol:
kteee

Post by kteee »

We saw Fraser yesterday, unfortunately he is in a wheelchair at the moment but he's still in good spirits!
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by barpaul »

We had a meal at Via Italia a couple of weeks ago and didnt enjoy it very much (apart from the balcony setting). I had pasta which was cold and tasted like raw dough and my hubby had pizza which was soggy and equally tastless. Maybe we just called on a bad night who knows.
e-llen
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Italian Restaurants

Post by e-llen »

Opinions seem to be divided about meals at Via Italia, for some people it's their favourite restaurant and others are not so enthusiastic! We have been many times and have always had a good meal. We actually had lunch there yesterday, delicious pasta, chilled wine, sun beating down on the terrace 8) .........wouldn't do that this morning though - but we do need the rain too. :wink:
vivian

restaurant recommendation

Post by vivian »

best for mixing the generations might be the upmarket pizzaria, Mona Lisa, on the cliff overlooking Vale Centeanes. Pizza in variations for the kids and proper food for the adults, a quiet atmosphere, lovely views, good service. who could want more
vivian

restaurant recommendation

Post by vivian »

best for mixing the generations might be the upmarket pizzaria, Mona Lisa, on the cliff overlooking Vale Centeanes. Pizza in variations for the kids and proper food for the adults, a quiet atmosphere, lovely views, good service. who could want more?
Uggie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Italian Restaurant

Post by Uggie »

bristolboy wrote:Could anyone please advise on the best Italian Restaurant in the area to celebrate a special occasion.The children would be happy with traditional Pizza, whilst the adults tastes are a little more adventorous.
Definitely Roma!
twinkle-eyes

Post by twinkle-eyes »

pammie wrote:The kids recommendation would be Via Italia. Great pizza etc and they enjoyed sitting out on balcony area so they could watch all the coming and goings of everyone :P

Ellie - if you are reading this then its a great discreet viewing place (no shades required) whilst enjoying a delicious bottle or half bottle of wine, served by an even more delicious waiter :P :lol:

I was here last year with some friends, did not reckon much to the food but there was a waiter there that I could of had for dessert. Went a couple of times just to see the waiter not for the food. Does anyone know if he still works there as we are out again the middle of October.
Graham
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Graham »

No one going to shout for Villa Medici? - I thought it was actually better value than Roma, with a nicer setting for the colder months.

It also does Pizza which I am not sure the Roma does