Restaurants on the water or with a view

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
dobuy99

Post by dobuy99 »

Just wondering if there are any restaurants right on the water or with a really nice view for dinner. Also I heard there is a restaurant called "Restaurant a Nau", near Ferragudo, does anyone know of it and is it good?
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

For good food, atmosphere and a nice sea/river view I would recommend Dockside or Bella Italia in the Portimão marina.

Whatever you do, stay away from the chinese place between these two. :(
Dobuy99

Post by Dobuy99 »

Thanks a lot for the information, will check them out.
Gordon and Sandy Low
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

O Boteco

Post by Gordon and Sandy Low »

:P Do try O Boteco also - its on the cliffside on the way to Monte Carvoeiro and the views are lovely - particularly at sunset.
malrc

Restaurant a Nau

Post by malrc »

this restaurant is on Praia Grande (beach) at Ferragudo, but I can't tell you how good it is as I've never eaten there and to be honest I don't think its that popular.
There are three fish restaurants on the harbour at Ferragudo the most famous of which is S'ueste. Seating is outdoors on the dock but under cover and there is usually a large selection of fish priced by the kilo which is then cooked on bar-b-ques on the dock.
Peter Belinfante

restaurants with a seaview

Post by Peter Belinfante »

Try the (only) restaurant at the Pintadinho Beach (I don't rember the name at the moment) it's perfect!
You can find it when driving to Ferragudo from Carvoeiro. Turn left about 800 mtrs.after the steep hill (not the first one but the second or third) to Pintadinho Beach (there is a road sign). You can park almost on the beach.
You also can look at www.essential-algarve.com for more restaurants in or nearby Carvoeiro.

Dutch greetings,
Peter
tIPSYlOU

Restaurants

Post by tIPSYlOU »

For a lovely lunch or dinner overlooking Benagil beach, try the Pescador. More view at lunch unless the moon is shining bright. Delightful!
:D
kay@kayappleby.fsnet.co.u

Re: Restaurants

Post by kay@kayappleby.fsnet.co.u »

tIPSYlOU wrote:For a lovely lunch or dinner overlooking Benagil beach, try the Pescador. More view at lunch unless the moon is shining bright. Delightful!
:D
:D Totally agree, spent a few happy lunch hours there.