Easter

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Easter

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

We're having lamb for Easter Sunday lunch, what about you?
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

It'll be my son's birthday, so we'll be having his favourite, grilled gammon and chips. We had lamb last Sunday!
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

We are having barbecued chickens with roasted veg and new potatoes, and a squash stuffed with four mushrooms for our veggie, then hot cross bun bread and butter pudding, tiramisu and lemon flan for afters, cheese board with crusty bread and coffee....... yummmm :wink:
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Easter

Post by Ellie »

bifas 1st darling! wrote:We're having lamb for Easter Sunday lunch, what about you?
Hi B1D, my cousin is married to a Greek fella and at Easter they have a whole lamb which is cooked in the garden.

I used to love lamb but then I went off it, although on several visits to France to our old French friend Raymond, we've dined at a certain restaurant in St Valery sur Somme, where they serve lamb that has grazed on the salt marshes there..a rather good,unique flavour and I really enjoyed that :)

Im not sure what we're having for next Sunday's lunch..probably stuffed chicken breasts..
But we have a tradition in family going back to when kids were small..on Good Friday we go to the local bakers early to buy fresh hot cross buns which we have buttered for breakfast :P
and for dinner we always have fish on Good Friday evening(that goes back to when I was a child and Mum always did that)..possibly Salmon baked in foil with butter & lemon juice and I serve it with new potatoes & petite pois & classic green pesto.

I usually make Simnel cake for Sunday teatime, a favourite of mine ..I just love marzipan :wink:
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi, we are having five hour leg of lamb, with dauphinoise potatoes and veggies, I have a vegetarian coming as well but am not sure what to cook him yet!.
Even though my youngest children are nearly 14, they still insist on aEaster egg treasure hunt that I have to devise clues for, (will I still be doing it when they are 21)?

Ellie, I understand dark chocolate is lovely with a bit of curry sauce poured over :lol:

have a lovely sunday everyone
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

tricky wrote:Hi, we are having five hour leg of lamb, with dauphinoise potatoes and veggies, I have a vegetarian coming as well but am not sure what to cook him yet!.
Even though my youngest children are nearly 14, they still insist on aEaster egg treasure hunt that I have to devise clues for, (will I still be doing it when they are 21)?

Ellie, I understand dark chocolate is lovely with a bit of curry sauce poured over :lol:

have a lovely sunday everyone
You cheeky little leprechaun you :lol: :lol:
Mind you, I might just give it a try...
and yes, I think you will still be doing it when they are 21..boys never grow up :wink:
elliex