Cluck! Cluck!

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food

Moderators: e-richard, kteee, Gambrinus


Cluck! Cluck!

Postby pato » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:40 pm

Not yet seen a revue of Chicken George?
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 9999
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: Wirral and ADM

Postby bifas 1st darling! » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 pm

bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:35 pm

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby dennisg » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:07 pm

pato wrote:Not yet seen a revue of Chicken George?


A couple of years back, our neighbours had told us how good Chicken George was, and we arranged to meet some friends there. They arrived first, and when we got there they said that they had looked inside, and no way were they going in there!
I must admit that from the outside it looked none too salubrious, we haven't been back and have never found out what we are missing all these years.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire

Postby Bruce Wallis » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:44 am

As a cheap rough and ready meal, especially with kids, Chicken George is great fun, and excellent value.
A different night out.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Wroxham, Norfolk/ Vale de Centiannes

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby pato » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:38 pm

dennisg wrote:
pato wrote:Not yet seen a revue of Chicken George?


A couple of years back, our neighbours had told us how good Chicken George was, and we arranged to meet some friends there. They arrived first, and when we got there they said that they had looked inside, and no way were they going in there!
I must admit that from the outside it looked none too salubrious, we haven't been back and have never found out what we are missing all these years.
Well you're missing a treat, great simple food chicken, chips, sometimes fish, strange wine and Prawns to die for, you've got to go even if it's only to say you've been, sort of cult thing!
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 9999
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: Wirral and ADM

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby Michael Crane » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:43 pm

pato wrote:Not yet seen a revue of Chicken George?

Have you not noticed the 'Search' button at the top of the posts? A search of 'chicken AND george' (without the ' ') reveals 27 topics in which Chicken and George appear, six of which have the topic, 'Chicken George'.

You didn't look very hard, did you? :P
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 11216
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby pato » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Michael Crane wrote:
pato wrote:Not yet seen a revue of Chicken George?

Have you not noticed the 'Search' button at the top of the posts? A search of 'chicken AND george' (without the ' ') reveals 27 topics in which Chicken and George appear, six of which have the topic, 'Chicken George'.

You didn't look very hard, did you? :P


Somehow Michael I get the the strange feeling that you don't like me, it's only a feeling and I suppose I'm wrong in my assumption but don't shout every time I don't get things quite right. One question though were you by any chance in earlier life a prison warden? 8)
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 9999
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: Wirral and ADM

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby Michael Crane » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:38 am

pato wrote:Somehow Michael I get the the strange feeling that you don't like me, it's only a feeling and I suppose I'm wrong in my assumption but don't shout every time I don't get things quite right. One question though were you by any chance in earlier life a prison warden? 8)

I don't even know you so how can I dislike you? Often our forum selves and our actual selves are completely different. The only forum member(s) I dislike (and there's only one) are among those that I have actually met. Apart from this one person the remainder are smashing people. Sharen and I have many new friends through this forum - in fact we are going on a cruise with Roy and Carol next week - and, who knows, one day you and I could be bezzie mates! :wink:

I haven't ever worked as a prison warder, but I have worked in a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane, perhaps you were a 'patient' there? :P
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 11216
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Lincoln

Postby blue » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:52 pm

I knew I knew you from somewhere! Was that when the lunatics took over the asylum? :D
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: Nr Algoz

Postby Michael Crane » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm

blue wrote:I knew I knew you from somewhere! Was that when the lunatics took over the asylum? :D

That was it. We three boys had some fun that day :wink:
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 11216
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby HampshireRich » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Michael Crane wrote: who knows, one day you and I could be bezzie mates! :wink:


Crikey MC - don't you think he's paranoid enough without threatening him :roll:

bezzie? - bit bling, innit ! :lol:
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Cluck! Cluck!

Postby Michael Crane » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 pm

HampshireRich wrote:Crikey MC - don't you think he's paranoid enough without threatening him .....

:D :D :D :D :D

Actually, when we go at Christmas we'll practically be neighbours! We stay on ADM 8)
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 11216
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Lincoln

Postby DELASOUL » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:51 pm

ADM!!!!!!!!!!! JAYSUS, bit too close for comfort shazza :lol:
DELASOUL
CVO Senior
CVO Senior
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:19 pm

Postby Bruce Wallis » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:00 pm

He he he....do you remember that Jack Nicolson thriller The Shining?

"..........Pato's coming!"
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Wroxham, Norfolk/ Vale de Centiannes


Return to Food

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests