Christmas

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Christmas

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

What will you be eating for Christmas dinner?
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

The meat eaters of us will be having stuffed crown of turkey, roast potatoes, sprouts, broccoli and carrots, gravy, bread sauce and the Veggies will have roasted vegetable terrine with the above veg and redcurrant and Port jelly. Followed by traditional Christmas puddings with clotted cream or a hot citrus pudding with lemon and lime sauce. Cheese and biscuits.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Do you have room for one more LJ?
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: hehe.... yes we do, we have a couple of friends of my eldest daughter coming down from London with her for Christmas and the New Year, my eldest brother as well as youngest daughter, OH and me.

Boxing day I do "open house" for the family and usually have around 20 over for a cold buffet, cold turkey, ham, side of salmon, spinach and ricotta pie, vegetable terrine, salads bread, cheese, with a couple of deserts like trifle and tiramisu so I reckon there will be plenty going!! :lol:
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

We shall have a nice piece of pork (or lamb or beef - but not turkey) with all the trimmings. We'll light a log fire, put on our Christmas CD and our paper hats, and pig out! :P
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Oh, forgot to add. We will be bringing a few sprouts from home because last year the Algarve was sproutless. :)
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Christmas

Post by Canada »

Sharen might like Massimo's sprouts :P
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by jeremy »

:wink: :)
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

We will have a traditional turkey with all the trimmings followed by pud, cream & or brandy butter. And Haagan Dazs Baileys ice cream for non-pud lovers, then cheese board followed by cardiac arrest.
We got sprouts out here last Christmas, in fact you can get them here pretty much all year round. It's swede for Burns night I always found difficult to find, but I have discovered a source now. :D
wee beanz
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by wee beanz »

We'll be having a chinese take-away because we are so lazy on Christmas Day! The hardest part is jumping in the car and going to pick it up! But we do have a traditional christmas dinner later on in january after all the mayhem in the shops is over! :wink:
snowytheboy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by snowytheboy »

Why don't they have Christmas in July when the shops are quieter.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

blue wrote:... We got sprouts out here last Christmas, in fact you can get them here pretty much all year round. ... :D
Ooops! I am living well in the past. I have gone back two years to Christmas 2005. :P Sprout Shortage!