Chinkies

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
wun hung lo

Chinkies

Post by wun hung lo »

I believe there are 3 chinese restaurants in the town. Any body willing and able to rate them in order of quality?

Post by Guest »

I've been to A Grande Muralha and the other one further up, they were both good although I did prefere the one at the top of the hill because the service was slightly better. Mind you it was a couple of years ago, but the owners are the same. The new one op. the taxis is owned by the same people as the one at the top of the hill, it seems to be quite busy at lunch time when I pass (and I pass every week day!) but they have a nice terrace over looking the village!! Try any one of them I don't think you'll be dissapointed. :lol: Hope this helps Pinkiebluesky :wink:
loretta
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by loretta »

Ive been to the one at the top of the road and i would recommend it there not only is the food and service good but the decor is nice as well, sorry i dont know the name of it. I went to the one at the bottom of the hill about 5 years ago but i wasnt very impressed but maybe it may have improved since then :!:
Roy

Chinkies

Post by Roy »

Forget Chinkies in Carvoeiro - Jardim Sul in Lagoa is run by Chinese (not Hong Kong) and the quality is far superior,prices cheaper and look where all the locals go !!
Lunch specials from 4.95 for spring roll,main course and coffee or tea.
Drinks also reasonable i.e. caneca 1.85.
Situated in pedestrian area and only problem is parking.
rsi
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by rsi »

Can I just say the best Chinkie I have ever had was in the QUINTA shopping centre in December. What a bllast . Sea weed and fish . Never ever ever have I had such .I know it doesn't relate to Carvoriro but what the hell !

Real Chinky Nosh

Post by Guest »

I have lived in the Far East most of my life and live on Chinese food....Carveiro Chinese restaurants !!..forget it ..it aint Chinese food...but with respect to English tourists..most of them really have little idea about good Chinese food....and those restaurants dont serve good Chinese food..I've tried them all ..but Ive not tried the one in Lagoa...yet...
By the way ..in UK the 'Sea Weed'.is in 95% of cases .Fried .Cabbage...and Chop Sui is not a Chinese dish..it's an American Dish...mainly Lap Sup..translated....all the rubbish thrown in....!!!....
Can anybody tell me where I can get a good Curry..???..I'm serious..I've tried the 'Highly recomended Carveiro place....Sorry its not good..they think Prawns are Shrimps and a Phal is a good friend ??...BUT there is hope...!! but only for Japanese Sashimi/Sushi/teppanyaki etc....I tried that Friday night Buffet at the Almansil Japanese Restaurant.Excellent...fresh (Raw) fish...Teppanyaki was great ..etc etc...try it..really superb......Do you think the guys coming down for the Portruguese friendly nxt month should be advised..or is it F & C take away..Carvoeiro.....Oh dear.....I do like eating and in fact I eat out 5 nights a week..I'm very fat ..and broke but I cant stop eating...Oh who cares anyway....Portuguese restaurants....I dont need to tell anybody here ..there are some superb ones..and some lousy ones....is anybody interested in my opinion (Algarve wide) ......probably not.....Bysy bye..Im off out..to eat...

Real Chinky Nosh

Post by Guest »

I have lived in the Far East most of my life and live on Chinese food....Carveiro Chinese restaurants !!..forget it ..it aint Chinese food...but with respect to English tourists..most of them really have little idea about good Chinese food....and those restaurants dont serve good Chinese food..I've tried them all ..but Ive not tried the one in Lagoa...yet...
By the way ..in UK the 'Sea Weed'.is in 95% of cases .Fried .Cabbage...and Chop Sui is not a Chinese dish..it's an American Dish...mainly Lap Sup..translated....all the rubbish thrown in....!!!....
Can anybody tell me where I can get a good Curry..???..I'm serious..I've tried the 'Highly recomended Carveiro place....Sorry its not good..they think Prawns are Shrimps and a Phal is a good friend ??...BUT there is hope...!! but only for Japanese Sashimi/Sushi/teppanyaki etc....I tried that Friday night Buffet at the Almansil Japanese Restaurant.Excellent...fresh (Raw) fish...Teppanyaki was great ..etc etc...try it..really superb......Do you think the guys coming down for the Portruguese friendly nxt month should be advised..or is it F & C take away..Carvoeiro.....Oh dear.....I do like eating and in fact I eat out 5 nights a week..I'm very fat ..and broke but I cant stop eating...Oh who cares anyway....Portuguese restaurants....I dont need to tell anybody here ..there are some superb ones..and some lousy ones....is anybody interested in my opinion (Algarve wide) ......probably not.....Bysy bye..Im off out..to eat...

Post by Guest »

i live in carvoeiro and eat out a lot

accepting that this is carvoeiro and not tsim sha sui, the chinese at the top of the hill is the best, you can taste the difference in the dishes, the others are pretty much 'pot noodle'.

the nicest curry is the himalaya in the pedestrian district in portimao, it's a bit hidden away and plainly decorated but the food is usually terriffic.

there's a good japanese too, on the west end of praia da rocha by taffy's bar, called 'tokyo', most of the restaurant is given over to an average buffet but they have an excellent teppenyaki counter, the salmon and the steaks are lovely.

hope this helps those that are interested a little bit.

Post by Guest »

I tried Jardim Sul in Lagoa last night, I ordered ( take away) 6 dishes 2 rice and 2 spring rolls which took 15 mins, it came to 46,95 euros. The portions were large and the food looked nice and fresh but I found it tasteless and slightly oily, which is a shame because it smelt wonderful. Maybe I was unlucky, or maybe because it was a takeaway, I will try it again just to make sure!! Pinkiebluesky :lol: