advice for veggies

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
nicki

advice for veggies

Post by nicki »

I am looking for some advice from those in the know!
My other half and I are heading out to carvoeiro in March for the first time and whilst his mouth is watering at the prospect of such new and interesting dishes to try - as a veggie, I'm getting a little worried at what I'll be able to eat! I do eat fish but am not very brave and most of the local dishes seem to include bacon!
Does anyone have any advice as to where we'll be abke to eat whilst we are there? We love eating out whilst on hols and I don't want my restrictions to ruin this experience.
Help! :?:

P.S. This website is one of the most informative and interesting I have ever found!
:D
kteee

Post by kteee »

I am also a fish eating veggie and don't find it a problem at all, there is always grilled fish, prawns, fish kebab etc on the menus. Complete vegetarians have more of a problem, and end up with mushroom omelette quite a lot!

My favourites are tuna, sea bass, monkfish and swordfish. We always go to O Cantinho, but try Colombos too, they have a veggie option as do Oasis although I have never eaten there.

I'm sure you won't have a problem.

Enjoy your holiday :P
Mart

Veggie

Post by Mart »

If you eat fish, you couldn´t be in much better place! So enjoy instead
of worrying!
si-notts
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by si-notts »

I couldn't agree more, My girlfriend is a veggoie to, and she loves the fish out there!! Id recomeend trying as much as you both can...and Prawns are delicous!! (My personal fav)
hans

veggie-food

Post by hans »

The Oasis restaurant is doing 2 vegetarian dishes at the moment and will add another 1 or 2 to the menu before the sumer, There's also fishdishes, several omelettes and salads.

Hans

Advice for veggies

Post by Guest »

I am vegetarian and had a wonderful 3 week holiday in Carvoeiro in January - when some of the restaurants, eg. Oasis were closed - and I didn't find eating out too much of a problem. Some of the Portuguese restaurants do omelettes and salads or veg soups, but my particular favourite was the Via Italia restaurant on the hill! There are also Chinese restaurants and an Indian which does a very good veggie biryani. My boyfriend is a fish-eating veggie and he thoroughly enjoyed sardines, monkfish, prawns etc. So, I really wouldn't worry about it - have a great time!
:lol:
d
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by d »

As a veggie myself i was very scared to try all the fish on offer but after visiting for many years and eating only omlette, chips and pizza i was pleased i plucked up the courage!
If you are unsure about any of the fish talk to a waiter, i have found all of them very helpful where eva i have been.
I have yet to try a fish that i didn't like, even tho it was a shock to eat something with a face for the first time!
Just b brave!
:)
Blobby
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Blobby »

Blobby has seen a brand new veggie menu ( various starters and main courses ) at "Maxime's"....

"Bon Bon" and "l'Orange" have some courses on their menus as well.

Blobby cannot judge about the quality as he eats anything with a head, legs or feathers... :twisted:
cynthia

Re: advice for veggies

Post by cynthia »

[qAdvice for veggies, try THE VILLAGE INN in Mexilhoeira da CARREGACAO , not too far from Carvoeiro . Pick up a free map for directions. Loads of veggie choices . Wonderful atmosphere, and cosy
Sarah

Veggie food and atmosphere

Post by Sarah »

:D :D Checked out The Village Inn, loved their veggie choices and owner gave us lots of tips of where to go and what to see . Restaurant really has class with a great atmosphere. Plenty of PARKING. 282412036 Better to book. Small and cozy