SCD Eat & Watch

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
maddi
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

SCD Eat & Watch

Post by maddi »

By request (a little strangely but hey I am always happy to oblige).

Aromatic Crispy Duck, pancakes and Hoi Sin Sauce - hot foot it to the chinese or get it delivered or can now be bought in the freezer or chilled section!!

Two types of prawns - one a bit special

Recipe

As many shell off king prawns as you can eat (use mushrooms or a mixture of both for a cheaper dish)

Put in a pan (I use a La Creuset shallow thingy) with some olive oil and some butter ('some' is an excellent measure I use often) and as much chili and crushed garlic as you stomach - stir it all around - cover and leave to get scaringly absorbed.

When you are ready to eat transfer the dish to hot hob and cook until the smell becomes irrestible.

Serve with all the butter and oil and large chunks of crusty bread to soak up - simplicity itself and to die for.

Second Prawn thing is the tiger prawns in filo pastry served with a sweet chili dip - you could go to the trouble of making it but it is one I tend to hot foot to the freezer or chilled section for.

There are many dishes for which my version is the best (in my view) but when someone else has done all the hard work (just imagine hand making filo pastry and individually wrapping a dozen tiger prawns!!) I am happy to purchase off the shelf.