Deckchairs

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Deckchairs

Post by dennisg »

My daughter and her family have just returned from a fortnight's holiday at our house in Rocha Brava. They say that every morning when they went to the main pool there were towels on every deckchair, and these chairs remained empty the whole morning. One morning my son-in-law was so fed up with this that he cleared the towels from one whole row and dumped them in reception telling them that it was impossible to obtain a seat round the pool and that the towels had been placed by people who seemed to have no intention of occupying the chairs during the morning at least. Later the towels were dumped in a pile by the pool by RB staff, and during the afternoon people were complaining that their towels had been removed from their booked chairs. RB confirmed that people have no right to book a number of chairs for the whole day when they have no intention of occupying them until the afternoon. And why reserve chairs for children who are going to spend their whole time in the pool anyway?
Jackie O
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jackie O »

Its good to hear someone made a stand against these selfish people who had no intention of lounging round the pool.
First come first served.
Selfish people ruin the atmosphere for others.
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

This happens all over Europe. It used to be mainly the Germans (sorry not meaning to be offensive) that were the worst for doing it. I am not sure who does it now though.
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

Ve will conquer ze world one deckchair at a time! :lol:

Enven though I am german, I cannot be arsed to get up at 5am to reserve a deckchair. If the pool is that full I would rather go to a beach anyway - can't stand that "sardines in a can" feeling.

The problem is that the comunal areas of most pools and resorts are never designed to hold anywhere near the maximum possible number of guests.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Gambrinus wrote:..I would rather go to a beach anyway - can't stand that "sardines in a can" feeling.
Yes, I know what you mean.... :wink:

tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

How good to find someone using a bit of common sense for a change over these incredibly selfish and self centred people. It has always amazed me why people reserve loungers for their kids!
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I agree Tom.
Also people who go for 'long' lunches and keep their beds in case they feel like returning.